Shipping cost and hidden charges
 Feedback   Started by Deekshit Mantampady   2019-03-28 14:45:59 +05:30   Comments: 7    Viewed: 368

1. I ordered few items recently. Total cost of the items was 380 Rs. In cart I see the total price 680rs. This is after including tax and shipping cost. I don't know why the packing+shipping cost is 209 rs for these items. I use india speed post for personal items with similar weight. I packed it very well like what hacktronics does. Still the packing + shipping cost did not exceed 100 Rs. I purchased several items from this seller. But mostly it comes as ashocker when I see the cart. Because with amazon and other places, I information on what will be my final price during shopping itself.  But here I see all this price at the end. That is why I mentioned it as hidden cost. You dioscover only when you are about to make the payment. Here is some of the feedback

1. Reconsider the packing + shipping cost. You can see my cart and see if you can improve the algorithm in such cases.
    2. If shipping cost cannot be revised, please show details on how shipping is calculated at some prominent place when shopping. So that the customer knows what will be shipping cost. You would have put it in FAQ. But that not justify, because no one does online shipping by going through all such terms and conditions.
    3. Include the tax in the product price. Don't add it at the end. I wanted to see the price for the product I am buying. For most of the users it does not matter how much you are paying to govt on total cost.

I wish you all the best.
    Deekshit Mantampady, 2019-03-28 14:45:59 +05:30
  2. Hacktronics
    Hacktronics Administrator Staff Member Bangalore
    This has been answered numerous times, and explained in detailed in our FAQ also: https://hacktronics.co.in/content/faq#shipping
    Shipping charges are not only carrier charges, but total P&F cost. We are constantly working on reducing the shipping, by tweaking our algorithms. But if you are purchasing just 1 quantity, the basis processing charge will still apply, but now for bulk we don't add processing charges and have reducedd our shipping just last month by another 10%.
    Also these are standard softwares, its not feasible for us to change how they work, any modification will make it difficult for us to later upgrade to the newer versions.
    Regarding the GST cost added to the item price is not possible for us. GST is always separelty calculated based on the location and buyer GSTIN. We have to follow legal practices and cannot charge same tax, where a reduced tax is applicable.
    Hacktronics, 2019-03-28 14:58:42 +05:30
  3. I think you have not read it completely and tried to answer. I wrote this mail after reading the complete FAQ on shipping. But it will be very difficult for more what all I read from FAQ in this mail before provoding the feedback.  That is why I wrote the summary at top. I understand fully what I you are including when you say shipping. Still I felt for the kind items I purchased 209 seems to be on higher side. Regarding the tax, I am not sure why I don't see such details in amazon. May be they are not following legal practises or following some other mechanism.

Anyway all this are given as feedback. It is up to you to take it, implement it or ignore it as you feel right for your business.

I preferred to buy from hacktronics or any other indian sellers to support them. Another reason is, as this is local, I can get the parts quickly instead of waiting for weeks to get it from aliexpress or banggood or some other place. But sometimes, when you have to order such items more frequently, it does make sense to pay huge shipping (+ other) charges.

Anyway I posted this as a feedback. It is it up to you to implement it or ignore as per your convinience.

Thank you.
    Deekshit Mantampady, 2019-03-28 15:16:35 +05:30
  4. Hacktronics
    There are 2 things, just wanted to answer for other customers.
    1.) Amazon/Flipkart is for general customers, not for business customers, it does not allow you to get tax refund by providing your GSTIN. We have numerous business customers doing bulk purchase, it is essential for us, to file GSTR1, and provide them ITC claims.
    2.) Secondly when you buy from Aliexpress or Banggood, shipping charges will always be higher, or it will be shipped without tracking China post and then you have to wait for months and it may get lost also. Also if custom stops it, you need all documentation and proper licenses, and generally Bangood and Aliexpress don't declare real prices, in that case customs will put up to 300% penalty and also seize the product. Even in case of actual declaration and with all licenses (import IEC and product specific, DOT license, etc.) and documentations, you may end up paying 35% duties + agent charges + bribes. Also some customers without any knowledge of BIS/DOT simply buys from such sites RF equipments, RF remote, quadcopters and I have seen criminal cases also being filled against few people, as those are banned items.
    Hacktronics, 2019-04-01 19:14:00 +05:30
  5. 1. Amazon as amazon for business. .
    2. If we buy from aliexpress shipping charges are higher if you use shipping like fedex or UPS. Otherwise shipping charges are less. BTW I used to buy from aliexpress and bangood. I didn't have to wait for months. All my items arrived in a month time. I never had to pay bribe. I paid the actual charges, when I had to. BTW when we are talking about shipping charges, we don't have to go for RF licenses and criminal cases. This applicable even if you buy those components in India. Without proper licenses you cannot use it in India. For domestic purchses, it does not goues though customs. So, changes of getting caught is less even though it is illegal.
    Deekshit Mantampady, 2019-04-01 19:28:56 +05:30
  6. Hacktronics

1.) Amazon does have business account, but does Flipkart and other websites does. Also does Amazon business provide GST discounts for educational institutions and SEZ, No? We are into educational domain, and we are supplier to numerous colleges and SEZ.
    2.) You are lucky with shipping, doesn't mean there are no issues, please check internet. We get sample from multiple suppliers weekly and we know the issues, almost 40% of the shipments with China Post are getting lost, for larger shipments, we had to pay extra to use singaport post or for emergency DHL. How many times you have got it via DHL in recent 6 months from abroad. Do you even know how much they will charge you, even when the shipping is prepaid by the supplier.
    3.) How many times custom has stopped your parcel and asked for documentation. Customs don't open each parcel, they do random sampling. For cargos its 10%, you are getting via postal, so there inspection is very hard, due to large volumes of postal and very low value, but they still have records for shipments for all address, and it will be used for later shipments. If you have never gone through custom office to explain a particular shipment contents, doesn't mean its easy.
    4.) All products we sell comes under DOT license free bands and you don't need license to use them. Please clear your facts, before posting, even for quads currently you don't need license to fly small quads less than 2Kg. We don't deal in anything illegal for our customers. But you need certain licenses to import these products, but not to use them. Don't ask me the logic, I don't make laws.

Hacktronics, 2019-04-01 23:34:37 +05:30
  7. Dear friend. I tempted to write a lot more as answer to your post above. As lot of them are not based on facts. It clearly tells that you did not read my post properly and making lot of assumptions. As I mentioned above, you decide how you want to run your business. As you have provided an option to provide feedback I wrote there. As always as a customer I will come to your store again buy items, when I feel prices are right and it is worth. I am stopping here.
    Deekshit Mantampady, 2019-04-01 23:58:09 +05:30
  8. (You must log in or sign up to post here)

Write your reason

Terms & Conditions!
Help!

* Local stocks, Lightning 

fast delivery

Every time you shop - no minimum order value.

View details